[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:03:08 +0100

On 11 May, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4ee1422f71philco@xxxxxxxxxxx> Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           wrote:

> > On 11 May, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> LanMan98 predates the use of type A91 for RISC OS zip files
> >> introduced by SparkFS at some stage (hey, back on topic for this
> >> group!), so this is probably the only important type missing from
> >> the default mapping.
> >
> > Hey back on topic, I hope so, as its more interesting than my delema,
> > but nevertheless thanks, its appreciated and to be honest, I think it
> > is only the zip files that get the extra.
> >
> > Now, like Brian, what and where is Notype.

> Simply forget about it.

> If you find that all files you transfer to the PC get the extra ,xxx
> extension despite having the correct DOS extension, THEN you will have
> to worry about Notypes, because then you have switched it on at some
> stage and you probably want to switch it off. In all other cases,
> simply forget that anyone ever mentioned it.

All files seem ok, and now I've added the line you suggest, the problems
with ZIP have gone.

I'll now forget that anyone ever mentioned Notype.

In answer to D P post. I have SaprkFS 1.41 and I'd not tried taking off
compression. Not used PackdDir.

I'll have to weigh up the time to zip up and then send via lanman,
compared to simply putting it onto The datasafe.

Thanks again.

Phil

--

philco@xxxxxxxxxxx