[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:45:16 +0200

In message <4ee1422f71philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11 May, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> LanMan98 predates the use of type A91 for RISC OS zip files introduced
>> by SparkFS at some stage (hey, back on topic for this group!), so this
>> is probably the only important type missing from the default mapping.
>
> Hey back on topic, I hope so, as its more interesting than my delema, but
> nevertheless thanks, its appreciated and to be honest, I think it is only
> the zip files that get the extra.
>
> Now, like Brian, what and where is Notype.

Simply forget about it.

If you find that all files you transfer to the PC get the extra ,xxx
extension despite having the correct DOS extension, THEN you will have
to worry about Notypes, because then you have switched it on at some
stage and you probably want to switch it off. In all other cases,
simply forget that anyone ever mentioned it.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx