[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS 1.41 (RISC OS) - Zip size max?

  • From: John Cartmell <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 14:32:17 +0100

On 10 May, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Relevant to this discussion but a bit late, I've long used standard hard
> discs in cradles as a means of shifting data about. Just about when the
> SyJet, Iomega Jazz etc. removable discs came out, it became apparent
> that a hard disc in cradle was as cheap. So  back up to hard disc is
> sensible.

I thought that was a good idea but I've had two pack up on me (HD in cradle in
RiscPC) and they were the only hard drives that have died on me excepting
those that were killed by a mis-wired power lead. 5V <-> 12V isn't happy. ;-(

I'm seriously considering getting one of CJE's network storage link to control
back ups.

--
        John Cartmell   john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      0845 006 8822 or 0161 969 9820
        Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527         www.finnybank.com