[chaoscope] Development update

  • From: Nicolas Desprez <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:25:54 +0100

Hi Bill, Kay and Alex, hello all,

Bill, if you're not familiar with ZIP archive and command line operations it's probably best that you wait until I release a more user-friendly package. In any case CSP is for advanced users who wish to render long animations.

Kay, you're not doing anything wrong, I am! I've compiled the application to use Visual Studio redistributable C++ DLLs. If you don't have them installed the program won't work. The next release will be fully standalone.

Alex, the new code will replace the Batch Rendering of the next Chaoscope release, but the UI renderer code will stay the same for now.

Also, my long officiating beta tester, Francois Axone Man, has found two bugs:

- Projects with the maximum allowable iteration count will not be rendered
- Spaces in filenames either confuse or crash CSP.

I'll release a new version at the end of the week.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez