[chaoscope] Development update

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:03:35 +0100

Hi,

it's been a while since I updated you all on how's the project going so here how things are standing at the moment :

I am very busy and I've got little time to spend on Chaoscope, unfortunately. I'm still fiddling with the new preview, as it happens to be less stable than I thought. I'm learning how to handle multi-threading in the process (no pun intended). That will become valuable when I'll be able to split the rendering engine between the two cores of a Pentium HT or one of the future dual-core AMD processors.

I'm currently working on the monthly image contest web page, voting will be done from there rather than by email. This shall be up and running before the end of the week, hopefully.

Nicolas Desprez