[chaoscope] Development update
- From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:45:02 +0100
I've started working on 0.3. As usual, instead of focusing on what needs done
(rewriting the property palette code) or implementing the most requested
features, I've decided to work on the preview. I'm in the middle of it, but this
is how it will work :
- You will get a new enhanced preview mode, close to a highly contrasted Gas
rendering mode (see attachment). The normal "flat" preview mode will still be
- Preview in Light and Plasma will be colored. Not sure yet how close it will be
to the rendering.
- Instead of the fixed 20,000 points, you will get as many iterations as your PC
can compute in 2/100th of a second. The maximum preview iteration will be set in
the Preferences. (we're limited by RAM and graphic card performance)
- If you're not modifying the view or the attractor, Chaoscope will carry on
iterating the equation until it reaches the limit. Then the remaining points
will be displayed after a smooth fade-in.
- Zoom will no longer cause near clipping. (points missing when too close to the
- After a zoom, extra iterations will be calculated so that the points density
will remain the same. (again, this feature will be limited by RAM and graphic
The attached picture shows a 200,000 points preview.
Other related posts: