[chaoscope] Re: Development update

  • From: carl cepurneek <cepurneek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 03:36:57 +0000 (GMT)

Nicolas,

I'm running a machine with a Pentium 4 HT CPU. My (limited) understanding is
that hyper threading is not really two CPUs, but can give a performance boost
in some circumstances. Can you say if the new Chaoscope will do so? The windows
task manager can display CPU usage as two processors and the current Chaoscope
appears to only use only (mostly?) one during rendering.

Also waiting for the release in eager anticipation.

Regards,

Carl