[chaoscope] Re: Development update

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 17:03:02 +0100

Hi Alan, hello all,

Having a perspective would be good, can we adjust it? can we make it a negative number so things in the distance look bigger?

Perspective can be adjusted, from 1 to 179 degrees. I'm not sure how inversing perspective would be useful.

In any of that is there the ability to store the points in memory in such a way as to spin the attractor around after it has been rendered without having to re-render it. Or to create a rotating animation while only having to render the once, or improve\simplify the creation of animations? or rolling light and plasma into one with an additional option in the render properties?

You can cache the attractor but you cannot cache the render ever, it's as simple as that. Improving or simplifying the creation of animations is part of the long term plan. Light and Plasma, like Gas and Liquid, will eventually diverge further. Also it makes the coding (and the code maintenance) easier while having these modes separated.

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez