[bookshare-discuss] Re: Better Scans?

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:15:23 -0500

I am positive that you can't just attach the reading edge and use its external
scanner in the manner that you would use any other external scanner. You can
consult the documentation that came with your reading
edge and see if it says anything  about being able to save image files from its
scanner and then exporting those to the pc. I don't remember any such
capabilities, but I haven't had access to a reading edge in several
years.  I know reading edge had limited internal memory by today's standards,
and image files are large. So my gut instinct is to say that this wouldn't be
possible either, but your documentation will be the best source of
a final answer on that count.
mary