[bookshare-discuss] Re: Better Scans?

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:25:57 -0500

One way to get the words from the curved inner part of the book is to
press down hard on the center of the book.  This presumes that the whole
book fits on the scanner while open.  If not, you have to have a bigger
scanner.
You press down on the binding with the thin edge of a cassette or
something and it flattens the page enough to scan well.
Unfortunately, its hard on the book.
The book can still be read and so forth, but if you borrowed the book from
a bibliophile or a library they may remove your head with a tweezers.