[bookshare-discuss] Re: Better Scans?

  • From: "CJ Vining" <GrayRainbows@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:12:21 -0400

I second what Mary said. Please submit your books, Cindy. I have a lot of
stuff I
think it's unlikely anyone will care about either, (old, and not exactly
best-selling novels from the '20s and '30s, for example) but someone
actually wrote to thank me for sending one in. So you never can tell. And
someone might stumble across one of the books you submit, and discover
something they enjoy, but didn't know about before. In a lot of ways,
Bookshare is an improvement on regular libraries, I think. In the case of
Bookshare, I suppose being blind is finally an advantage. LOL But I do think
this, when my library is available to me at any hour, when I look for
something, and find I can immediately access out-of-print books without a
tedious search. Wonderful!
I suppose the only drawback is, as Allison H. said, you have to be curled up
with your computer rather than someplace else. heheh 'course, if you have a
little notetaker, that may not even be a concern.

Joanie
"Wise is he not who is never silent,
Mouthing meaningless words:
A glib tongue that goes on chattering