[bookshare-discuss] Re: Better Scans?

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindy.l.ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 18:33:44 -0500

Alison, are you posting those questions to the volunteer list, too?

I scan a lot; I've never submitted a book to Bookshare. I think my scans
are, for the most part, pretty good, but I'm uncomfortable with the notion
of submitting them because, frankly, I've heard so much criticism here about
books that I'm afraid mine won't be good enough. But one day maybe I will.
Besides, I'm not sure anyone would want any of them.

But as to the questions, I use OB 7 and a HP Scanner, and I'll have to check
what the type is. I edit all the while I'm scanning. Sometimes, I do as yhou
do by holding the book flat. Some of them, if they are my own, I take apart
and either spiral bind or looselead bind and then I have flat pages. I scan
in background, so I'm reading while I'm scanning. I do most of my studies by
scanning the books, so I do a lot of it.

That's my offering, and I wish my semester was done.

Where will you be working?