[bookport] Re: speech

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:59:02 -0500

This really is the bottom line and I fully agree. Discussions about speech
synthesis almost always turn into religious wars--they're like stereo
speakers and the reason that there are so many choices is identical to the
reason there are so many stereo speaker brands and designs--use is totally
subjective and there's no single solution that'll please everyone, let alone
a majority.