[bookport] Re: speech

  • From: "Mike Arrigo" <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 20:05:46 -0600

I would hardly consider doubletalk to be obsolete technology. As far as I
know, it's the only synth that can be included in just about any device
since it's just a chip set. It's not quite as human sounding as something
like natural voices would be, but speech engines like that require much more
resources.