[bookport] Re: speech

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:11:08 -0600

I like Phoenix Dectalk, and given that they are using it on cell phones as well
as Eloquence I doubt that they take that muc battery drain, but the big
question is whether they are available in the operating system that is used by
Book Port.  My guess is that basicly the operating system of Book Port is not a
common one like Symbian or Windows CE.  If it isn't then you would have to talk
the people who make those synths into converting their into the Book Port
operating system, which would be quite a chore, and probably pretty expensive.