[bookport] Re: Ed/.brf files from Bookshare

  • From: "Shannon" <srre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:13:21 -0700

Plus it seems to me that st is st is st.  When we read paper braille, it's
our minds that tells us what the differing contracted st means in the
context of the book, saint, still or street.  So if the synthesizer says it
wrong, as it always does in my Tess Gerritsen books, (the doctor goes to
street Louis Hospital), you just make the switch in your mind and move on.
Same for any of the other numerous htings double talk pronounces wrong.  It
beats not having the book in a timely fashion at all.
Well said, Ed.
Shannon