[bookport] Re: Ed/.brf files from Bookshare

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:38:25 -0500

Jaws originally did, too.  I went into the dictionary and took care of that
one, let me tell you!  Okay.  There is a program called Msub.  How do I go
in and change word pronunciations in there.  It is a Dos program, but I
think someone said you can make the changes in Windows.  I hope so.  I've
got some four letter words I'd like to convert to blank spaces.

At 03:34 PM 6/12/2005, you wrote:
>Hi, Sandy.  I don't think that the chuckle has worn off with all due
>respect.  I do understand what you are trying to say, however.  I think of
>those two particular mispronunciations because they stand out.  The
>synthesizer I use with Window-eyes mispronounces your last named as licked
>and I recall you told us how your last name is pronounced.  In other words,
>what I am saying is that I can live with the mispronunciation of certain
>words.
>
>Mike

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218