[argyllcms] Can anyone help with a weird OSX problem?

  • From: Quartz <quartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 05:50:47 -0400

First off, let me apologize in advance: this list is probably not the best place to ask this question, but it's the only place I can find a collection of people who know what they're talking about wrt ICC stuff, and I'm kind of at my wits end.

I have in front of me a 2007-era MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), and a Gretagmacbeth EyeOne Display2. I cannot for the life of me get correct colors out of this combination. I've tried both versions of Xrite's 'EyeOne Match' software as well as dispcal+argyll, and I always get this weird issue with select blues appearing noticeably purple, but in a weird mix-and-match fashion depending on what I'm doing. I don't think it's a bad sensor- Xrite's utility says the i1d2 is fine, there's no uniform or linear color cast, and everything works fine on an older PPC tower running OSX 10.5. Neither is it generic to all profiles on this laptop- if I 'eyeball' a profile using Apple's utility or SuperCal I don't have this problem.

I've been hunting for info for days... there was a flurry of people reporting this issue back in '09 when 10.6 came out, but the net seems to have gone silent since then, and I'm not seeing that there was any sort of a general solution.

Can anyone here point me to a place where I might be able to get help for this?

it has a certain smooth-brained appeal