[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help with a weird OSX problem?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:29:30 +0200

Hi,

one problem with the MacBook Pro display (as with a lot of
Notebook/Laptop displays) is that it has a fairly small gamut
(considerably smaller than sRGB). When you then profile it, out-of-gamut
colors either have to be clipped or fitted into the small display gamut.
This can lead to the "blue turns purple problem" you're observing.

Another issue (although I'm not sure how much it contributes to the
problem) is that the old i1 Display2 is probably not very well suited
for a white LED backlit display (the i1 Display 2 originates from an era
when there were only CCFL backlights), at least without a correction matrix.

--
Florian Höch