[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help with a weird OSX problem?

  • From: Quartz <quartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 01:58:03 -0400

OK:
http://www.sneakertech.com/-/displayxyzlut.zip

This is an XYZ LUT with a swapped matrix, native white point, and the cinema display correction matrix borrowed from iColor Display.

The only setting that's non-default is that, like the last profile, I have to set a target luminance of slightly less than what the display is capable of in order to avoid subtle rainbow stripes in the near-whites (this display acts slightly weird at the top of its range). FWIW, with the correction matrix active, the white level is reported as being quite a bit lower [~92] than without [~101].

As far as my problem goes.... the result is mixed. The 3D graph still shows the blue primary as being offset. Within Photoshop, AdobeRGB and sRGB "blue" come out as 89,41,255. Not quite as purple, but still not great.

What's my next step? Should I mess with the colormetric/perceptual setting next, or something else?

it has a certain smooth-brained appeal