[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help with a weird OSX problem?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:03:26 +0200

Am 26.07.2014 um 04:48 schrieb Quartz:
>>> I'm already using a native white point, as the laptop moves around a lot
>>> between different lighting setups.
>>
>> The profile you posted definitely didn't, as the calibration curves
>> indicated.
>
> ......ok...something doesn't add up here. Although I messed with a bunch
> of settings when testing things, I always had the whitepoint set at
> native. Just now before typing this paragraph I double checked this by
> creating an entirely new profile using the "eyeball" wizard built into
> the OSX displays control panel, and told it to use the native white
> point (which it reported as being 6507K), and the white looks identical
> to the profile I got from dispcalGUI+argyll.
>
> Does this mean my i1d2 is fried, or that the LED backlight
> incompatibility is worse than we thought or something?

Actually we were both right, looking at the profile again, you did use
native whitepoint setting, but the calibration curves don't converge at
white (which I'd normally expect when using native whitepoint), which is
odd but could be related to the issue with the i1D2 and the LED backlight.
Next, I would try the generic correction I mentioned in my previous mail.

--
Florian Höch