[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help with a weird OSX problem?

  • From: Quartz <quartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:48:49 -0400

What I was getting at, your i1D2 is not seeing what your eyes are
seeing, and that is where the purple cast is likely coming from.

Drat, ok. Not great news there.

I'm already using a native white point, as the laptop moves around a lot
between different lighting setups.

The profile you posted definitely didn't, as the calibration curves
indicated.

......ok...something doesn't add up here. Although I messed with a bunch of settings when testing things, I always had the whitepoint set at native. Just now before typing this paragraph I double checked this by creating an entirely new profile using the "eyeball" wizard built into the OSX displays control panel, and told it to use the native white point (which it reported as being 6507K), and the white looks identical to the profile I got from dispcalGUI+argyll.

Does this mean my i1d2 is fried, or that the LED backlight incompatibility is worse than we thought or something?

As per my other email, there's an option here for XYZ LUT to use
perceptual mapping rather than colormetric... should I enable that?

At the moment I'd not bother.

Ok

Should I? I mean, if the i1d2 is just so old and out of date that it's
not useful anymore then yes, but I don't want to dump money into a newer
device if that won't really solve the problem.

Try other options first.

Fair enough.

it has a certain smooth-brained appeal