[HG-PBEM] Re: Not at the party...

  • From: Robb Neumann <robbneu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:04:42 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

> "Time is nearly up," Eve spoke. "We'll relink in two day from now." Save
> this scrambler seed and frequency for your next broadcast." A sequence
> of numbers and letters appeared on the screen.
>
> "Signing off," Eve called. Next, the audio and data feed disconnected.
>
> [...]
>
> [GM: I assumed that Juliette was largely done. IF not feel free to ask
> more, ignoring the sign off.]

[ Robb:  Mirroring Dennis' statement, John, feel free to add to move around my
bit if it fits with what you wanted to post.   I guess that applies to you too,
Dennis.  :)  ]

Tina pressed her way into the caverous hangar, quickly adjusting to the
darkness inside.  Jonas seemed a little strange, but then, most of the team had
methods for dealing with GREL that boardered on the unusual.

Carlie, Tina's roommate, seemed so eager to be her friend, so quick to point
out that she was very pro-GREL, that Tina thought for a moment that she might
be looking for unofficial "GREL status," as if Tina could let her into some
exclusive club.

Jonas' reaction was equally strange, as if he had been fascinated by her,
almost like a child.  For now, she would chalk it up to Jonas being yet another
GREL fetishist; she knew the type.

Then, there was the almost violent confrontation she had with Shamus, a
reaction she had experienced many times before.  There were many old wounds on
Terra Nova, wounds that were still fresh, even after so many years.

Given the chill Tina had perceived in her brief conversation with Juliette,
Tina had guessed that still another team pilot had similar prejudices.  But,
Tina had also noticed Juliette seemed distant to most everyone, so maybe it had
nothing to do with her status as a manufactured human.

Scanning the hangar, Tina started a mental catalog of the work she wanted to
do.  She would leave the Tiger alone.  It was her job to tweak and test Gear
systems and there was little point to working on a Gear that was in the process
of being repaired.  No, she would probably start with either Shamus or
Juliette's Gear, knowing that they also saw a little action during their
practice laps.