[HG-PBEM] Re: Disco Shamus?

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:00:44 -0400

> >Keavy fell silent as she realized that she was going off on a fangirl
> >tangent...again.  "Sorry about that." she said with a nervous laugh.  "I
> >guess I'm a little too enthusiastic about Gear Duelling."  Why did she
> >always tend to act like a starstruck fangirl around Shamus?  If she
didn't
> >lose this Shamus was not going to think of her as anything but a fangirl
> >and
> >not as a serious duellist.  Terry must be laughing his head off right
now.

> Shamus smiled crookedly, a little touched by her effusiveness.  "I don't
> like to use the term 'comeback', since that implies I'm going to be
> successful.  This is more like testing the waters.  Thanks for offering to
> help, though.  You'll have to show me that 'Fastlane Smash' sometime."
>
> >"Hey why don't you ask me something?  You have to be curious about the
your
> >team mates."
>
> "Now that you mention it, this is the first chance we've really had to
talk.
>   Where are you from?  And how did you get into Gear Racing in the first
> place?"

The conversation moving away from Shamus, Keavy relaxed a little.  "I'm from
the Dominion...the Mekong Dominion.  You might say that I was born into Gear
Racing, or maybe that it's in my blood.  My parents are both duellists,
following a tradition from their parents and passed it down to us.  My
brothers, sisters and I used to race on my parents team. competing in the 3D
and the RFD.  The media liked to call us kids the Huang Cadre, I guess
because there were five of us.  So I guess I have more gear motor oil
running through my veins than blood."  She laughted lightly.  "Okay that was
bad."

"What do you think of the Redliners so far?" Keavy changed direction.  "I
think that there's some great potential here.  There's you and Juliette."
Keavy took a quick look around the room.  "Juli's not here?  I wonder where
she is?  And then we have Jory and Billy."

Griz