[HG-PBEM] Re: Disco Shamus?

  • From: "Yu-Griz-Oh" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:59:26 -0400

> >"What do you think of the Redliners so far?" Keavy changed direction.  "I
> >think that there's some great potential here.  There's you and Juliette."
> >Keavy took a quick look around the room.  "Juli's not here?  I wonder
where
> >she is?  And then we have Jory and Billy."
>
> Shamus thought for a moment, as if weighing his words.  "I think there's
> definite potential for the team.  There are some fine pilots, and I like
> what I've seen so far of the mechanical support team.  But like I've said
> before, I've got some real concerns about the management.  There's a lot
> going on that we're not being told about, I think, even now.  A certain
> amount of corruption in the sports world is inevitable.  It's even helps
> grease the wheels in some places, and keep things going smoothly.  But
> having members getting shot at and kidnapped...  That's completely unheard
> of."

"Well the 3D isn't exactly the model of fair play but it's getting
better..." Keavy thought back to her last video letter from her parents.
"...well last year it was getting better before the high Commissioner was
brought to court.  I don't know about this year.  I spent a good part of my
younger days racing on that circuit and parading before the press, so maybe
I'm a little desensitized to it.  Then again no one dared to shoot at us.
We had really big and scary corporate security guards."

The girls thoughts drifted and her voice quieted.  "But out here...on my
own...I feel a little exposed...without all the security.  I'm sure that the
Colonels security is okay but they haven't really performed so well
recently.  Before we joined the Redliners, Terry, Rhogen and I were just a
small team with one gear and we were beneath everyones notice.  Since we
joined the Redliners we've been shot at almost every day.  How can people
live like this?  How do you handle this?"

[...Unintentional Tangent....Mind wandered...Gomen...]

> Shamus paused.  "Why don't we sit down and get a drink?  I want to get off
> this damn dance floor."

"You're just pacing yourself to dance with the next hottie."  Keavy teased
as she took his arm.  She wasn't going to let some negative thoughts ruin
this evening.  "Lead on then good Sir.  Dancing with Keavy wasn't so bad
now, was it?"

Griz