[HG-PBEM] Re: Disco Shamus?

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:30:50 -0700

> > Shamus snarled, his embarrassment now tinged with a not insubstantial
>amount
> > of hostility.  "Stupid pretty boy, I don't even know why I'm here in the
> > first place..."
>
>"You're here to get to know the rest of the Team better." Keavy interrupted
>as she turned him to face away from the loud Trid actor.  "You're here to
>wind down a little and have some fun.  You're here because some hot, young
>girl dragged you out onto the dance floor.  Ignore Sebastion.  It's his
>place so he has to show off for the ladies.  Think of this as a team
>building exercise.  We're the two who are going to be out in front so
>we...uh...need to know each other better."

A look of surprise crossed Shamus' face.  Was he imagining this?  Keavy was
half his age, and he wasn't the same dashing youth he used to be.  Age and
injuries had taken their toll on not just his outward appearance, but his
personality as well.  Sebastian seemed like he'd be closer to Keavy's type,
and there was her frequent flirting with Rhogen...  Shamus concluded he must
have an overactive imagination, and was reading too much into an innocent
remark.

>A sweet smile masked Keavy mentally smacking herself in the head.  Gods
>that
>sounded lame, she thought.  Change the topic before he notices.  "So...what
>have you been doing lately...the last cycle or so?"

"I've been training, researching, and searching for sponsorship.  I've been
out of the game for so long, and a lot has changed in the meantime.  You
lose a lot of moves when you've been sidelined for as long as I have.
Finding a team that would take me and line up a Gear for me was also no easy
task.  Sure I was big back in the old days, but there are new stars now.
The only Gear Racing articles I've showed up in over the past few cycles
have all had 'Where Are They Now?' in the titles."