[HG-PBEM] Re: Disco Shamus?

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:33:39 -0700

>The girls thoughts drifted and her voice quieted.  "But out here...on my
>own...I feel a little exposed...without all the security.  I'm sure that
>the
>Colonels security is okay but they haven't really performed so well
>recently.  Before we joined the Redliners, Terry, Rhogen and I were just a
>small team with one gear and we were beneath everyones notice.  Since we
>joined the Redliners we've been shot at almost every day.  How can people
>live like this?  How do you handle this?"

"Right now I'm just trying to keep my head down and focus on the race.
Beggars can't be choosers, you know?  If I perform well in the next few
races I'll have a lot more options open to me, including the possibility of
being recruited by another team.  But for the time being I figure I've got
to put up with working under conditions that I'm not used to, make some
comprimises."

> > Shamus paused.  "Why don't we sit down and get a drink?  I want to get
>off
> > this damn dance floor."
>
>"You're just pacing yourself to dance with the next hottie."  Keavy teased
>as she took his arm.  She wasn't going to let some negative thoughts ruin
>this evening.  "Lead on then good Sir.  Dancing with Keavy wasn't so bad
>now, was it?"

"The company was OK, but I could've done without the dancing part," said
Shamus with a self-deprecating grin.  He shouldered his way to the bar and
ordered a glass of the vilest Wounder rotgut available.

"Looks like the famous 'actor' is having a hot tub party.  I won't keep you
here if you want to go."