[HG-PBEM] Re: Disco Shamus?

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:59:59 -0400

> >"You see?" Sebastian asked with a wicked grin. He seemed to have at
> >least a hundred pearly white teeth. "It's an omen. It means you girls
> >need to --" Something caught his eye out on the dance floor, and for a
> >minute the normally loquacious trid star could only manage "No...
> >way..." He pointed into the middle of the penthouse, where Keavy had her
> >arms around Fastlane's heavily scarred back. "Is Rodriguez actually
> >dancing? Or are he and Keavy just fighting with some weird martial art?"
>
> >He let out a wolf whistle and called out to the two. "Attagirl Keavy!
> >Show him who's boss!"

Keavy couldn't help but smile a little at Sebastions tease.  She really
wasn't paying him too much heed though.  Right now she was dancing with a
childhood idol, Shamus "Fastlane" Rodriguez, something that Keavy had
fantasized.  Of course she wasn't about to let Shamus know this little
detail, he seemed nervous enough as it was.  This meant that the girl was
unusually quiet over the past few minutes, keeping her mouth shut lest she
say something that would embarass the two of them.  Hence her childhood
fantasies remained her own.

In a way it was kind of cute the way that he tried to follow Keavy's steps
but just couldn't keep up.  A flash of mortality from a man that had seemed
to be larger than life to her.  A pleasant diversion from the grumpy
Fastlane that had been around the team of late.

> Shamus snarled, his embarrassment now tinged with a not insubstantial
amount
> of hostility.  "Stupid pretty boy, I don't even know why I'm here in the
> first place..."

"You're here to get to know the rest of the Team better." Keavy interrupted
as she turned him to face away from the loud Trid actor.  "You're here to
wind down a little and have some fun.  You're here because some hot, young
girl dragged you out onto the dance floor.  Ignore Sebastion.  It's his
place so he has to show off for the ladies.  Think of this as a team
building exercise.  We're the two who are going to be out in front so
we...uh...need to know each other better."

A sweet smile masked Keavy mentally smacking herself in the head.  Gods that
sounded lame, she thought.  Change the topic before he notices.  "So...what
have you been doing lately...the last cycle or so?"

Griz