[HG-PBEM] Re: Not at the party...

  • From: John Guilfoyle <john_guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:24:07 -0700 (PDT)

> An intelligence file jumped to the front of the display. The page
> displayed pictures of the Colonel shaking hands with Saddik and
> Kanz in a
> private room. The decorum fit the look of the Sand Stone.
> Scrolling
> alongside the photograph, there was transcribed dialog. Eve
> continued.
> "This file was logged under Kanz's file.

[Dumb John: Kanz?]

> As you can see from the
> transcribed conversation and the date, Neil and Saddik go a long
> way back,
> over fifteen cycles. If you scroll further down the report, you'll
> see
> that there was a large sum of money exchanged, roughly six million
> dinars
> following this meeting. The money was deposited into Mr. Neil's
> accounts
> in Port Oasis from untraceable sources." An icon popped up on the
> left of
> Juliette's HUD screen. "Here is a whole stack of files that don't
> include
> Kanz, but show the continued financial relationship between Neil
> and
> Saddik. In total, over eight trillion dinars has been tracked
> between
> these two men, all of it either leaving or entering Mr. Neil's
> accounts."

Juliette saved the files in question and marked them for later
reading as Eve went on.

> "Five days ago, Neil transfered over three million dinars out of
> his
> account, leaving his account with a zero balance. I've tried to
> track the
> transaction history for myself and determine where the money went,
> but I
> lost track of it in the UMF when the money was withdrawn as cash.
> Running
> a search overnight, I found no deposits matching that ammount in
> any of
> the other Northern banks that we've successfully compromised
> security on."

Lemanz remained silent as her handler continued.

> "Still, I did find this." Another file popped up on the screen. It
> showed
> Saddik talking in an alleyway with two men. It was hard to
> distinguish the
> men's features, but they looked very much alike, like twins.
> "Gecko, eyes
> and ears, caught this just last night. Here's the audio." There was
> crackle and then Saddik's voice spoke over the comm. Transcribed
> text started printing out atop the open file page.
> //
> Saddik: "So, you can guarantee Kanz's safety then?"

[John: I've gotta ask again -- am I supposed to know who Kanz is?]

> Unidentified Male: "For a price, yes, we can.

> Saddik: But, what guarantees do I have?
>
> Unidentified Male: "Trust, Mr. Saddik. You have your trust."
>
> Unidentified Male (second voice): "You can trust my brother and I,
> Mr.
> Saddik. Ms. Kanz will be protected. We have already pinpointed who
> the
> assassins are and gained their trust. It will only be a matter of
> time."

[John: Alright, I'm presuming this is Katyrn Sanz we're talking
about? Or do I have her name wrong?]

> Saddik: "You know who?"
>
> Unidentified Male (second voice): "Yes, but it is best that you
> don't."
>
> Saddik: "Why!?!"
>
> Unidentified Male (first voice): "Trust, Mr. Saddik. Trust."
>
> Security Guard (approaches Saddik): "The perimeter has been
> compromised,
> sir. We should leave."
>
> Saddik: "What!?! Damnit! OK, in a minute. You'll have your three
> million.
>
> Unidentified voice (second voice): Very good, we'll expect the
> payment in
> gold by the end of the race in three days from now."
>
> Saddik: "You'll have it, but if you...."
>
> Unidentifed voice (first voice): "Trust, Mr. Saddik. Trust."
>
> Security Guard: "Sir, we must leave.
>
> Saddik: <heavy sigh>
> //

> At that point, the video breaks. Eve continued, "That may be the
> missing
> the three million that Neil transfered out. I'm checking Transrail
> records
> for any gold shipments, but nothing has come up, yet."

Juliette shifted in her seat, briefing scanning the empty hangar
again. "Anything about those two men Saddik was talking to?" she
asked.

The two men don't match anyone that the SRID has on file.
> They've
> been officially listed as free radicals. SRID has escalated
> discovering
> the ids on these two men as a top priority for me now. Though, I've
> barely had time to start recon on that as yet."

Sighing just slightly, Lemanz sat back and attempted to let
everything she'd seen and heard sink in. This was more information
than she was expecting. "I'll be standing by for instructions if you
need someone on the ground here," she offered. "And was there
anything else on Neil's financial troubles or old enemies, like
Mother Superior?"