[HG-PBEM] Re: Not at the party...

  • From: "John P. Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robb Neumann <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:52:28 -0600

>> "I'm thinking of wrapping up here and going over to the party. I
>> presume since you've just come from there that you're not
>> looking to go back." Looking around the shadowy expanse of
>> the hangar, the former soldier added, "But I'm not so sure it's
>> safe to be here alone. I have a feeling the enemies of the
>> Colonel aren't quite finished with us yet."

> "Jonas is standing guard," Tina replied.  "And, I don't believe
> that our foes want us dead any longer.  If they had, I wouldn't be
> speaking to you now.  They are after Sanz, not us... we are merely
> tools in their larger campaign."

> She paused for a moment, then added, "Thank you for your concern."

> Was the GREL making a joke?  She might have been, but her tone
> suggested otherwise.

Juliette considered the other woman's words, knowing that she was likely
correct. The information she'd received from Eve had certainly pointed in that
direction, though the Colonel and his past were unquestionably part of the
equation as well. Still, the GREL seemed surprisingly perceptive. Lemanz had
never known one personally, and had always assumed the stories about them being
mindless drones were more or less on the mark. "No problem," she said easily in
reply. "But considering that the Colonel and Sanz seem to have some
relationship, I expect we're not done with the excitement just yet."