[HG-PBEM] Re: Not at the party...

  • From: Robb Neumann <robbneu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:19:51 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

> Juliette's eyes lingered for a moment on Tina's face, and
> then the woman shook her head. "Non, we don't need to
> adjust anything in my gear. I'm getting close to being fully
> healed." It was interesting, Lemanz thought, that Tina had
> noticed the stiffness in her leg. Perhaps the limp wasn't as
> subtle as Juliette had thought, or perhaps Tina was innately
> an expert at spotting weaknesses in potential foes. She
> dismissed the thought for the time being, and thought instead
> about Tina's final comment about honor being a liability. Honor
> was never a liability. For Juliette, for her family -- indeed, for
> much of the Republic -- honor was life, and life without honor
> was worse than death. There were paradoxes; deep seated
> ones that dwelled deep inside Juilette's psyche. Today was not
> a day to explore them.
>
> "I'm thinking of wrapping up here and going over to the party. I
> presume since you've just come from there that you're not
> looking to go back." Looking around the shadowy expanse of
> the hangar, the former soldier added, "But I'm not so sure it's
> safe to be here alone. I have a feeling the enemies of the
> Colonel aren't quite finished with us yet."

"Jonas is standing guard," Tina replied.  "And, I don't believe that our foes
want us dead any longer.  If they had, I wouldn't be speaking to you now.  They
are after Sanz, not us... we are merely tools in their larger campaign."

She paused for a moment, then added, "Thank you for your concern."

Was the GREL making a joke?  She might have been, but her tone suggested
otherwise.