[HG-PBEM] Re: Not at the party...

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:41:37 -0600

> [Not dumb John, dumb GM: It is supposed to be Sanz, Katryn Sanz. Sorry.]

[John: No need for apologies. Your brain is likely full of baby-stuff.
That's surely pushed some of the PBEM knowledge out. ^_^ ]

> Eve sighed. "Still, there are these records from the Transrail Authority
> Currency Exchange files. They show the Redliner's accountant exchanging
> large amounts of currency to Peace Dollars, both dinars and marks even up
> through yesterday. So, he's getting money from somewhere. I just can't
> figure out from where. His accountant, Clara, is quite good at keeping the
> Team's financial books off any shared network. Gecko and I have been
> unsucessful in trying to crack her portable systems through
> wireless as well."

Juliette looked the information over with interest, but wasn't too surprised
by all the financial gymnastics. More interesting to her were details about
certain people who might have it in for the Colonel and his team. "Mother
Superior," she began.

> "Oh yes," Eve continued. "Regarding your questions about Mother
> Superior, Neil and the Priestess appear to go way back. It took some
> digging and piecing together various old and declassified reports, but
> Neil was once an orphan in Ghostown working a crime ring of petty thieves,
> mainly street urchins. He started going by the alias of Colonel at that
> time." Eve
> paused. Another file jumped up on the screen. "This may interest you and
> may explain your report on his  juxaposed trust and dislike for Mother
> Superior. He and Mother Superior were once lovers."

Simply raising her eyebrows in response, the Republican woman scanned
through the file. "Looks like he's got quite a past, then. I'd appreciate
you keeping an eye on things from your end -- you've seen in my reports all
the trouble the team has had lately. I have a feeling it has more to do with
Sanz than it does the Colonel's financial woes, but the two might somehow be
connected. I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know when you find out more
about the men Saddik was talking with." Juliette stretched inside her gear
while waiting for a response. She had to admit the idea of a long soak in a
hot tub sounded divine, but she there was still too much uncertainty to even
consider the idea. She might drop by the party, however, to see how
everything was going.