[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 21:42:25 +0000 (GMT)

In article <8dd2438b4e.fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Bambrough <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4e8b06e796Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What specific "To:" values have you found useful?

> Delete To: = *fredd*

So what happens if someone writes a mail "To:" Freddie Someoneelse
and BCCs it to you?

> Delete To: -

When I send jokes to people I tend to write the mail "To:" me and BCC
everyone else, and then I remove the "To:" by editing the outbound
mail.  After all it's only the list of recipient addresses placed in
the SMTP envelope that actually matter.  Presence or absence or content
of "To:" is irrelevant.

When I still worked, nearly all project-related mail was sent to the
interested parties entirely via BCC because none of them had a right or
need to know who else (in other companies or whatever) was also getting
copies of the mails.

> Delete To: = " " <>

I'd have thought that might occur quite a lot when BCC is used to
specify recipients.

> Delete To: = *.fred@ypical*

I'll allow that one.   ;-)

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.