[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 02:19:45 GMT

On 10 Nov 2006 as I do recall,
          Harriet Bazley wrote:

> We have been under massive Debora[h] attack for several days - somebody
> is generating messages from a vast number of names all claiming to be
> from  <deboraholiveir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <deborars1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <deborajrh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> etc, none
> of them actually called "Deborah"!   It's got to the stage where I've
> finally put in a high-priority block on *any* message with the string
> *debora* in the Message-Id:   I've checked messages from genuine
> Deborahs, and they all seem to use their surnames in the Message-Id
> field, if not just 'hotmail.com' etc.

I don't know if this helps:
from http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/46471

"I've found that a lot of the "debora" spam, as well as a fair amount
of other spam, matches  /6c822ecf/  in one or more of Message-ID and
Content-ID headers. I have yet to see a false positive."

According to my logs this seems to be true; picks up all the deboras and
a few other things along the way.

--
H. Bazley

One man tells a falsehood, a hundred repeat it as true.