[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:08:56 GMT

In message <0c27cd834e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have been under massive Debora[h] attack for several days - somebody
> is generating messages from a vast number of names all claiming to be
> from  <deboraholiveir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> <deborars1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <deborajrh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> etc, none
> of them actually called "Deborah"!   It's got to the stage where I've
> finally put in a high-priority block on *any* message with the string
> *debora* in the Message-Id:   I've checked messages from genuine
> Deborahs, and they all seem to use their surnames in the Message-Id
> field, if not just 'hotmail.com' etc.

Who's "we"?  I've certainly received lots of messages from Freelists
about multiple Debora(h)s attempting to post to a closed group, but
those messages shouldn't reach the group.  Are you talking about you
(or all the Bazleys) being under D-attack, rather than this group?

(Aside: I want to try to find a setup so that I can receive such
posts - to check that a genuine RO AS user isn't trying to subscribe
in a mistaken way - but without sending "you can't do this" messages
to the non-existent user, which then result in bounce messages to me;
and without generating another "you can't" message and resulting
bounce message when I decline the post.  I can't see a way of setting
these actions on Freelists.)

Dave