[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Tricia Garner <tricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:34:24 +0000 (GMT)

On 22 Nov, in article <b8c8fc894e.harriet@xxxxxxxxxx>,
  Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> By which we may deduce that an awful lot of people use MSE
> 6.00.2900.2869, and that only spammers so far use MSE 6.00.2800.1106,
> but not a very great deal else. :-(

I have received an influx of spam recently, the 'To' address being the
message ID of a message I wrote some time ago. A census of received mail
shows that two regular correspondents are using MSE 6.00.2800.1106, so can
it be inferred one or other of them is likely to have an infected machine?

The spam is being dealt here with by appropriate rules so isn't a problem
for me, but I thought I should alert the correspondents if the assumption
they are the unwitting propagators is valid.

--

Tricia

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."-- Dorothy Parker