[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Harriet Bazley <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 02:32:58 GMT

On 22 Nov 2006 as I do recall,
          Bryn Evans wrote:

> In a mad moment - Steven Pampling mumbled :
>
> > This is typical Outlook Message-ID content:
> > <9283BA18BE476E4092047448D2FB96FF0938C09C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> an it
> > occurs often enough in various spam messages, but the group I'm talking
> > about have the distinctive $   $ markers
> This was discussed some while ago under the thread 'Two dollar spam'
>
> Here is my UserTest - Mine is ALWAYS Spam - but you may have genuine
> correspondents who generate this Message ID, in which case I cannot
> help.

Here's a perfectly genuine one, from a RISC OS user at that:

(Note '01c70')

At the moment I'm using

DEF FN@twodollars
IF MID$(d$,14,1)="$" AND MID$(d$,23,1)="$" AND MID$(d$,32,1)="@" THEN=TRUE
=0

 with the rule

  Delete Message-Id: @ twodollars
  And Body @ exclamation

i.e. delete all messages that match this pattern *and* whose first or
second lines end with an exclamation mark, which has caught 6 spams in
the last three days.   I daren't apply it universally, though.

--
H. Bazley

Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground... and missing.