[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Steve Joyce <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:39:16 +0000 (GMT)

In article <745e678b4e.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Stuart Painting <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 3. Faulty address harvesting - one of the "address swiping"
>    routines used by spammers accidentally(?) prepends the surname
>    in the victim's address book to the email address.

>    delete to: = *paintingstuart@zedtoo*

I've been using my equivalent, i.e.

        delete to: = *joycesteve*

and one of today's mails was not stopped, despite containing
'joycesteve'. After much examination, there was no 'To' header, just
'Received for' containing 'joycesteve'. A new rule examining the
'Received' header works in the trial window, but I think I'll try making
the mailbox more specific. That should dump all the ones containing
random strings as suggected by Jeremy C B Nicoll.

Steve