[antispam-f] Re: What have they got against Deborah anyway?

  • From: Stuart Painting <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:56:05 GMT

Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <5863ff8a4e.Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dave Barnett <as10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I confess that I have only a couple of To: deletes (and I could lose
>> those), but a Defer To: may sometimes tell you if it worth looking
>> further.  Combining it with another rule that is not good enough on
>> its own can work.
>
> What specific "To:" values have you found useful?

The ones I've found useful fall into three main categories:

1. Blind Carbon Copy - I think these have already been mentioned.

2. Message-IDs - in my case I've used both Messenger Pro and Marcel,
   so I have rules for both cases. The Messenger Pro rule just checks
   for a fullstop before my username, while the Marcel rule looks for
   the specific four characters that my copy of Marcel inserted.

   delete to: = *.stuart@zedtoo*
   delete to: = *mrua@zedtoo*

3. Faulty address harvesting - one of the "address swiping"
   routines used by spammers accidentally(?) prepends the surname
   in the victim's address book to the email address.

   delete to: = *paintingstuart@zedtoo*