[access-uk] Re: Spam

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:05:01 -0000

Unfortunately spammers have also got more and more advanced these days and
frequently they use zombie bots that install themselves surruptitiously onto
peoples PCs without them knowing and these can effectively use your internet
connection to distribute their spam.  One technique that spammers use is brute
force dictionary based assault upon email addresses because they often do not
know your address as such, they rely on a response, this is why it is never a
good idea to respond to spam messages even if they pupport to have some kind of
unsubscribe.  One strategy that may nobble the spammer is to have a front of an
email address that is not guessable by dictionary brute force attack.
Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support