[access-uk] Re: Spam

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:35:20 -0000

no what happens is that spammers send out their spam with your email or more
probably something very similar in the from part of their message so you get
the ones back that bounce.

Some providers let you have emails in the form
anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

for example I have an address gpage@xxxxxxxxxx but anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
also works.

at plus.net by default the email address is gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx but
anything@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx will also work though with plus net this can be
disabled.

If your provider lets you set up unique mail boxes then go down this route.

regards

Graham