[access-uk] Re: Spam

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:20:18 -0000

Hi Roger

No, I never sent any of these ones.  I know what you mean though.  I'm
currently bouncing mail from a Yahoo list and got one just yesterday,
advising that my message could not be delivered because Imy mail was
bouncing.

These are different and quite worrying.

My e-mail address is andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but these messages were
not sent from me.  Below is a bit of a message I got this morning:

A message from <
fugq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
to:
->
fllanos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

was considered unsolicited bulk e-mail (UBE).

Our internal reference code for your message is 29654-06/xsRsKBa3i9C9

The message carried your return address, so it was either a genuine mail
from you, or a sender address was faked and your e-mail address abused
by third party, in which case we apologize for undesired notification.

One of the reasons why I'm getting concerned now is the subject of this
particular message:
Subject: Her outfit screams a certain type of lesbian sex when he sees her.

Obviously, I don't wish any of this muck on my system, or worse, people in
my address book for example, getting messages of this nature, supossibly
from me.

Perhaps I'll need to change my e-mail address eh?

Best wishes.
Andy