[access-uk] Re: Spam

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:03:21 -0000

Hi Alexander.

I use spamguard and it's very effective.  When I initially activated it, I
did find that some list mail was being classed as spam but have never had an
issue with private e-mails.

To get round this problem, I set up mail rules with an order of precedence
where if the mail was from the access uk list it would send to my access UK
folder, if from PC audio then it would send to the PC audio folder.
Finally, if it had the word bulk inserted in the subject line, it was
shunted off to my junk folder.  I should have said that I have chosen the
spamguard option to  flag and pass through pop3 rather than completely
preventing the bulk mails from being downloaded.

With the rules set up this way, even if a PC audio mail is flagged as bulk,
the preceding rule that checks for PC audio mail will ensure I get to see
that mail.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail: kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx