[access-uk] Re: Spam

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:15:55 -0000

Hi Alexander.

Yes, that's right.

Set up a bulk folder or junk folder, whatever you prefer to call it and then
create a message rule to move any e-mails to that folder where the word bulk
appears in the subject line.

When you activate spamguard, make sure you choose the POP3 option for bulk
and that it is flagged as such.  I think it's a simple case of choosing a
radio button but I haven't been there for a while so apologies for lack of
detail.

As I said, this works extremely well for me.  I get around 100 junk mails
per day and they all go into my bulk folder in outlook express.  I can
quickly browse them to check if there are any failures in identifying spam
but this is rare.  I note that many e-mails with potential viruses attached
also get swept into the folder so it gives me an extra level of protection
there too.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail: kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx