[tccrockets] Re: battery for stratologger CF

  • From: David Robb <robbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 22:07:58 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks, I'll buy a few a do time tests...

==================David M. Robbrobbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>To: TCC
chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 21:55:52 -0000
(UTC)Subject: [tccrockets] Re: battery for stratologger CF

I don't know, I always charge them before I fly them. I've never had any
problems with that regime. I do know an LCX will run for 2 hours on 1 7.4 Lipo
and that is after flight.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 2:38 PM, David Robb <robbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've been thinking about moving to Lipo in my two stage ebays to get more
room....

How long do the v7.4v 25c or 10c last on your Stratologger? Do you get
several hours before discharged?
==================David M. Robbrobbdm@xxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>To: TCC
chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 18:19:57 -0000
(UTC)Subject: [tccrockets] Re: battery for stratologger CF

Don't forget JST battery connectors, you can get hoards from China if you don't
mind waiting a week for
shipping:http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Pairs-150mm-Male-Female-2-Pin-JST-Connector-Plug-for-RC-Lipo-Battery-Part-E0-/161479501111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2598eda537

The male end is on the battery, female is on the connector end. You can also
order locally from Fremont
here:http://www.batteryspace.com/connectoradaptorapairofbecmalefemaleconnectors6long22awg.aspx

Or I can bring you a few (I have bags of them)

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM, James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stratalogger CF uses 4-16V, I've had good luck with the 7.4v LiPo's Bob F.
recommended and have since used them in allmy flights - no problems.

I use this LiPo battery -
https://www.all-battery.com/74volt-900mah25cli-polylipobatterypackforcx2helicopter.aspx

you can also get the 10C version which is a better
deal:https://www.all-battery.com/two74volt-900mah10chighrateli-polypackforbladecx.aspx
2 for the price of one!

Get the Featherweight mag switch -
http://www.shop.featherweightaltimeters.com/product.sc?productId=33&categoryId=2
and this is the charger to get -
https://www.all-battery.com/TenergyBalanceCharger-01267.aspx

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 11:01 AM, Ben Sandoval <yobenflstf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which battery are you using for your stratologger cf. I'm getting ready to
order a few batteries and I'm still on the fence. Appreciate your input.