[tccrockets] Re: battery for stratologger CF

  • From: James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCC chat <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 18:02:55 -0700

Thanks Antonio,

Yes, definitely! you can also view the feed from here :-)

//www.freelists.org/feed/tccrockets

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 5:12 PM, Antonio Lucero <alucero49@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You can always change this email list to a forum base. Then all you have
to do is sticky the post that you want to keep.

Sent from my iPhone

Antonio Lucero

On Jul 14, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Ben Sandoval <yobenflstf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

One simple question, tons of great info from our members. Thank you guys
so much.

Sent from my Bad To The Bone iPhone "HQF"

On Jul 14, 2015, at 4:28 PM, James Dougherty <jafrado@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Great info guys!
Thank you
-James

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Chris Attebery <
chrisattebery1971@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Field Effect Transistor. It's the electronic switch that the altimeter
uses to fire the charges.

I'm an integrated circuit layout designer. I draw FETs all freaking day
long. LOL!

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Jimmy Franco <Aldocyber3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Very informative Bob, thanks.
In reading some of the emails from the past few days proves we have a
great resource
in terms of the knowledge from the people on this chat list. Thanks to
all who has shared input.
Great timing from a personal standpoint to, as I have recently been
thinking about alternatives to
standard 9v batteries for use in my setups. Funny thing is the last
three flights I did had more electronics
in a single rocket than I have ever flown in any single flight, 6
different systems, and not one 9v was in the mix.
All the paring of battery to board was done for me on these systems, the
developer of each of the boards.
I have been thinking how to power my Ozark Aerospace and G-Wiz products,
now I have some good knowledge
to begin with.
pardon my ignorance- what is a FET and it’s purpose?

Thanks again

Jimmy F.
TRA 12524