[rollei_list] Re: Lens recommendation

  • From: Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 15:50:09 -0400

Thanks Marc,

What is the significance of the APO designation. I see lots of Rodagon lenses without the APO.

Elias

On Aug 1, 2010, at 2:24 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 01:59 PM 8/1/2010, Elias_Roustom wrote:
>I found my El Nikkor 50mm f2.8 enlarger lens with a web-like growth in
>it this morning, all over the inner element. A victim of the recent
>damp hot weather.
>My fault for leaving out over the week I suppose.
>
>My ever so slightly hazy Componon 50/f4 back up will have to do for
>now. But this means I'm shopping for a new enlarger lens.
>
>What should I be looking for?

APO-Rodagon. Accept no less. These guys are now available inexpensively on eBay and are great enlarging lenses. Leitz made a couple of decent lenses, as has JSK, but the APO-Rodagons take the cake. I have used many of them, and I have two APO-Rodagons on my Beseler 23CXII enlarger.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!