[rollei_list] Re: Lens recommendation

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 09:38:54 -0300

Thanks Richard for the explanation and the difference about
longitudinal chromatic aberration and lateral color aberration
specially, and then the "Apochromatic" DIN standard is/was for the
lateral color aberration while the traditional Abbe definition is for
the longitudinal color aberration.
And then if the lateral color aberration is proportional to the focal
length and a lens reduces this proportion to a minute percentage of
its focal length, this lens is "apochromatic" from this point of view,
it does not mean it is also apochromatic for the longitudinal color
aberration, it could be or not to be and vice-versa. It becomes also
clear that the lateral color aberration is more significant for long
tele-lenses as the Schneider brochure states.

Carlos