[rollei_list] Re: Lens recommendation

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:33:28 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elias_Roustom" <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 1:59 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Lens recommendation

I was able to remove the front element, but the fungus is behind the middle element which as you say is sealed, like the fate of the lens I'm afraid.

Thanks though.

Elias

The cell is not sealed although it may have paint over some threads. For one thing fungus couldn't get in if it was really sealed. I don't know how this particular lens is assembled but most lenses have either a retaining ring on front or back or a cap on the back. Sometimes retaining rings are not obvous because there is some paint on them and on the joint. Some do not have slots or dots on them and must be removed using a friction wrench. Occasionally one finds a barrel with a set screw in it. The lens undoubtedly _can_ be dissembled. Use a magnifying glass and examine it carefully. Now, a warning, even if you can get it open the fungus may have etched the glass. If not it will just clean off, if it has the lens is ruined.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA