[rollei_list] Re: Difficult To Load?

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:34:21 +0200

At 17:19 Uhr -0700 19.7.2010, Peter K. wrote:
>The most difficult cameras to load for me were the old
>Contax with the stupid drop off back and the removable spool, [...]

This is a bit late, since I have been on holiday, but: I cannot follow you
there. I shot six slide films in a Contax II with what looks like a
post-war takeup spool, and had no problem reloading. My fingers quickly
learned where to go, and every load was easier than the previous one.

One thing that will let me try a pre-war spool, though, is the jagged image
position - it looks like the post-war spool has an offset in height
compared to the film cartridge.

        hauke